Sunday, November 18, 2007

Giving Thanks

Random thoughts. . .

Today, I shall endeavour (I love British spellings) to break the shackles of apathy with which I have been bound, of late. Thanksgiving is but a few days away, so I will try to appreciate those things I have been given by the Almighty God.

Those of you who know me, know I don't attend church on a regular basis--or at all, really--but I have a deep and abiding faith in God and know in my heart that I have a personal relationship with Him. I give Him all the credit for what I have and I trust Him to carry me through the storms. My favorite saying? If He leads you it, He will lead you THROUGH it!

As Thanksgiving 2007 approaches, I will try to focus on positive things going on in my life:
**My primary job is going well. I get along fabulously with my in-laws, with whom I am still living, until my husband finishes his degree. (Only about one year to go!)
**My husband appears to be doing okay in school, and not "messing up".
**My daughter, while overwhelmed by her duties as President of Sigma Tau Delta at times, is also doing well in college. Her car seems to be doing just fine, too.
**My family is healthy, I haven't even had a cold, yet, this year!
**My dad and brother, who live in Houston, are doing well, however, my brother is working too hard. (He works for a major retailer, in receiving, so it's a seasonal thing.)
**My car, although quite elderly, seems to holding together.

There are a few negative things going on in my life, but I won't think about those today. Today is my nephew's 13th birthday, and also his mother's (my sister-in-law) birthday. She hasn't called him, yet.

Well, I must finish unloading the dishwasher, take a shower, and start my laundry.

Arrivederci!

No comments: