Sunday, November 20, 2005

Time Goes By In a Blur

So, has it really been 4 days since I was here last?? Wow. I knew I had been busy, but I told myself I would add something here every day or two. I bought the car I was debating about. I decided that I couldn't live in fear of my past being discovered, and so I am moving on....

My *new-to-me* car is a black, 2-dr. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire. Maybe I'll post a photo tomorrow. I knew my daughter would be a little jealous of it. Her car overheats if it drives too long, and she really wants another, but right now, my husband and I are struggling just to get to work every day. So, she is going to have to make do with the car she has while she is in college.

And living with my in-laws is the pits... I guess I hadn't mentioned that before, but it really is. (Refer to the previous post for some details of how this came about.) I hate their vacuum cleaner--it weighs a good metric ton, I hate their dogs, I hate their pantry and utility room (major clutter and disarray), and I hate the closet space we have access to. It is really tiny and hard to get clothes in and out of, because of a decorative shelving unit next to it. I sleep on a saggy sleeper sofabed, shored up with folded comforters under the mattress.


But, they deserve much credit for their patience and generosity--they not only have given us a place to live until we get back on our feet, but they also often let us use one of their vehicles so that we could both get to our jobs. There was no way, otherwise: Hubby's job started at 3:30 a.m. and he worked until 10:00 a.m., but my job started at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.

This arrangement was only supposed to be for a couple of weeks. Did I mention that time goes by in a blur? We are rounding the corner on six months now. And, did I mention that time goes by in a blur?

So, I leave you now with this thought.
Don't blink because you'll miss something....
Love, Rita

No comments: