Wednesday, November 16, 2005

And Your Past Will Come Back to Haunt You...

Or so I've always heard. And today, that phrase kept ricocheting around inside my skull. After hitting rock bottom in my private life, and slo-o-o-wly beginning to work myself out of the pit, I find myself gripped by severe anxiety. Will my past come back to haunt me???? Am I getting in over my head financially??

Without going into a bunch of detail, here is why I am worried. In April of this year, I had a near-miss with law enforcement, due to the actions of my significant other. He was convicted of a felony, I was arrested on misdemeanor charges that were never filed with the District Attorney. I was able to keep my job--working as a secretary for a state agency, dealing with the public daily., but every day I wonder if today is going to be the day that my employers find out what has happened. So every day has at least some teeth-grinding. Now, my hubby is working and we need another car. So, I applied for and got an auto loan--through the credit union where I work. So now, if they do find out, I not only will lose my job; I will also become delinquent in my payments, and I will lose the car. AAAUUUUGGGHHH!

Okay, deep breaths. Deeep Breaths. Breathe in, breathe out. There. That's better....

And so ends another day.
Love, Rita

No comments: