Monday, May 26, 2008

21

Nope, it's not my favorite poker game...it's how old my daughter will be on Saturday! Hard to believe.
She's already put me on notice that she's going to go out with some friends and "have a drink".

How do I feel about that?

On one hand, I know it won't be her first drink. (But it will be her first one to legally purchase.) I also know that she is a smart, responsible kid--MOST of the time.

But on the other hand, I know first-hand what drinking can lead to. And so does she. She's seen it in her parents and she's STILL seeing it in her aunt. So, how do I come to terms with the fact that she's going to have to deal
on her own with the addictive tendencies that she may have inherited? I want so very much to spare her the horrors and indignities I endured.

Is that fair? Is it even possible? Why do I have more questions than answers??

Ciao.

No comments: