Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Midweek Blues

Well, Hell's bells. I was going to try to keep more of my postings on a positive note, but I don't' feel the need to get positive feelings "off my chest".

However, I would like to share that this past weekend was as close to a perfect weekend as I have had in a long time. My nephew--who lives with my in-laws and me--spent most of the weekend with his OTHER grandparents! They visited his dad and went to a festival in another part of the state, and seemed to have had a really nice time. And, my husband and daughter were both home. She even came without her current boyfriend. (I like him just fine, but I still enjoy having her "all to myself" now and then.) The weather was absolutely fabulous--and still is!

So, why the midweek blues? Monday, I started my period--complete with a monster headache--and caught a cold. I made the whole winter without one, and now that the weather is getting warm and summer-ish, I get a head and chest cold. (I had a flu shot, so I'm pretty sure it's just a cold.) The headache went away, but this cold and the other are kicking my butt.

And my blood sugar is all out of whack. I'm not even taking any cold medicine, so it can't be the "hidden" sugar. They claim being sick does that to diabetics, but it doesn't make it any easier.

*Sigh*

No comments: