Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I see it! I see the light! The light at the end of the tunnel, that is. My hubby has finished his all of the coursework to become a clinical laboratory technician and starts his six-month long clinicals, tomorrow! He is so excited to (finally) be working in a laboratory again. He was happiest when he worked in a chemical laboratory many years ago, before the addiction and drugs destroyed everything. He always had in his mind to get back to a laboratory environment one day, but he wandered so far off course, that he just didn't know how. So, he will finally have his Associate Degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology when he has completed his clinical training. Hooray!

So, now it's time for me to thank all of the people whose intervention and support made this possible. First of all, thank you Vernon Parish Sheriff's Office. If you hadn't intervened in April 2005, he would be dead right now. Many of our friends didn't make it. You forced him to admit that he needed help, and then you offered him that help. And the Vernon Parish Drug Court Program/Ms. Kim--you never pulled any punches and you expected more of him than he knew he could give. He will never forget your support and kindness. Red River Treatment Center--Absolutely necessary, and not a pleasant place, but one that he still talks about to this day! You freed him from the grip of active addiction and gave him the tools that he needs to stay clean. And I can't forget his parents. Wow, you were there, always. You have let us live with you for the better part of three years, rent-free, while we get our lives back together. I have griped and moaned and been aggravated about having to live here, but I appreciate the opportunity, more than you know.

To everyone. Thank you. So, that's where we are.

Now. On to other (unrelated) things. I am SO tired of hearing about ObamaClintonMcCain. I truly used to enjoy watching the evening news programs, but I am not excited about any of our candidates for President, right now. I don't want to hear it. For the first time in my adult life, I am suffering from voter apathy. I don't know if I can make myself go to the polls in November. It is the dreaded debilitating condition known on some blogs as "Electile Dysfunction".

All I want to hear is what they plan to do about the high price of gasoline and illegal immigrants.

And they ain't talking.

Ciao.

No comments: