Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why Don't Kids Play in Attics Anymore?

Why don't kids play in attics, anymore? (I realize that this is a most random rant.)

When I was young(er), I spent countless hours in our attic...digging through old photo, looking at old clothes, marveling over dishes or appliances from the past. And then there were the make-believe games we played and secret clubs we "founded".

Did you ever play in an attic?

Maybe kids don't play in the attic anymore because people are no longer storing things in attics. Now everyone has a storage building or room, or leases storage in a mini-warehouse type facility. Or just gets rid of old things periodically in a yard sale

It's really quite sad, isn't it?

Arrivederci.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog in a roundabout way, just browsing online. Anyway, I used to play in my best friend's attic when we were about 9-12! It was fantastic!! Believing it was haunted was the best...so many adventures!! I don't even have an attic now. Maybe someday....