Saturday, September 09, 2006

Where Were You on 9/11?

I have seen so many websites asking for input about where people happened to be on the day terrorists brought down the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, assuming of course that it was terrorists and not our own government, as is alleged by the conspiracy-theorists.

I was at the home of my best friend. I had left my husband (again) because I just couldn't deal with his being f***ed up anymore. I stayed with her a week or so and then went to a women's shelter for another couple of weeks. (I eventually went back to him, and the rest you know if you read my first few posts.)

I turned on her TV, it was about 7:00 am CST or so, and one of the towers was on fire. Regular programming had been suspended. I said "Hey, look at this. One of the twin towers is on fire!" Just moments later, a second plane had slammed into the other tower; and shortly after that, all hell broke loose. Both towers collapsed, killing thousands, other planes were hijacked and crashed. The United States entered a state of shock.

For the first time ever in history, all flights were grounded. Worldwide.

CNN will be broadcasting their 9/11 coverage on Monday. All of it. Uncut. As it happened.

Please watch. We need to be reminded of why we are in Iraq.

Where were you on 9/11/2001?

No comments: